Mark the most suitable answer by encircling the corresponding letter, A, B, C or D
1. Let go limit value for men is
A) 30mA B) 25mA C) 10mA
2. To avoid suffocation the % of oxygen in the environment should be around
A) 30% B) 10% C) 20%
3. In the gas cutting process backfire occurs due to
A) Leakage in gas cylinder B) Leakage in hoses C) The blockage of nozzle
4. Lubricating the regulator of gas cylinder is
A) Safe B) Essential C) Unsafe
5. The component of Fire triangle is
A) Fuel, Oxygen & Heat
B) Fuel, Hydrogen & Air
C) Gas, Ignition & Chain reaction
6. ELCB does not function in the absence of _____________
A) Equipment earthling B) Neutral earthling C) Both A & B
7. Higher the included angle of a Hitch,
A) Lower the force on the sling B) Higher the force on the sling C) Both A & B
8. Fire on gas comes under
A) Class A B) Class B C) Class C
9. DCP fire extinguisher puts off the fire by the principle off-
A) Cooling B) Smothering C) Starvation
10. Included angle of a hitch greater than __________ is not safe.
A) 45 o B) 90o C) 60 o
11. The speed of grinding m/c should be _________ than that of the grinding wheel.
A) Greater B) Less C) Equal
12. The optimum cholesterol level would be:
A) < 140mg/dl B) 160mg/dl C) 200mg/dl
13. The first aid for burn is
B) Medicated ointment from the first aid box
14. When LPG cylinder leaks from the pin action to be taken
A) Keep the cylinder in open are
B) Lock it with sealing disc
C) Inform the LPG dealer
15. Which one is covered for road signs specification?
A) IRC 76 B) IRC 67 C) IRC 45
16. If the scaffolding is safe to use, which tag is used?
A) Green tag B) Yellow tag C) Red tag
17. While driving in residential areas, look for
A) Cross walk B) Traffic light C) Children and pets
18. While using mobile phone, we should always use _______ ear.
A) Left B) Right
19. In case of electrical fire best method to extinguish it is
A) Spray water over it B) Put off the main switch
20. Driver having LMV license is authorized to drive Grader
A) True B) False
21. If you see bare or exposed wires you should
A) Wrap them in tape
B) Warn others and report it to a Supervisor
C) Cut the wires to prevent a fire
D) Both A and C
22. If you see a lock or tag on an electrical switch
A) You can turn on the switch if it is your equipment
B) It is ok to use the equipment if no one is working on it
C) You must not touch the switch
D) None of the above
23. ___________ code is including Quality Management.
A) ISO 9001: 2008 B) ISO 18001: 2007 C) ISO 14001: 2004
24. Traffic control zone shall be divided in to _________ zone.
A) 5 B) 3 C) 4
25. A person who is properly trained and authorized to perform a specific work in a safe manner is ____________?
A) Competent person B) Incompetent person C) None
26. Double earthing should be preventing which hazard?
A) Falling B) Electrocution C) Eye damage
27. Stands for LOTO?
A) Loose Out & Tight Out B) Lock Out & Tag Out C) Log Out & Tag Out
28. RCCB stands for _________?
A) Residual Current Circuit Breaker
B) Regional Configuration Control Board
C) Remote Control Circuit Board
29. RSPM stands for _____________.
A) Respirable Suspended Particulate Matter
B) Relativistic Self-Phase Modulation
C) Revolutionary Socialist Party Marxist
30. CPCB stands for ________________.
A) Crew Procedures Control Board
B) Current Protocols in Cell Biology
C) Central Pollution Control Board
31. Indian boiler act is ________.
A) 1993 B) 1923 C) 1943
32. _____________ zone is the area to warn the road use of the approaching hazard and to prepare them for the change in driving conditions.
A) Approach Transition zone
B) Advance Warning Zone
C) Working Zone
33. IRC: SP 55 codes is ___________.
A) Code of practice for road signs
B) Guide lines on safety in road construction zone
C) Highway safety code
34. Standard distance of flagman in road works?
A) 25 – 50m B) 60 – 100 C) 10 – 20m
35. In case of no footpaths walk ___________of traffic which allows better visibility?
A) Against the Traffic direction
B) Along with the traffic
C) Parallel to the right side traffic
36. Which message indicating this sign?
A) Lane closed B) Road closed C) Median Closed
37. Which message indicating this sign?
A) Two way traffic B) Diversion to other carriage way C) Un even road
38. Which traffic will follow the “Give Way” sign?
A) Side road & intersection traffic
B) Main road traffic
C) Both A & B
39. Safety belt required to working above _____________ m height.
A) 2m B) 3m C) 4m
40. Pep Talk is called _______________.
A) Tool box talk B) Group risk assessment C) Safety meeting
41. IS 3764:1992 code of safety in __________ work?
A)Road construction work B) Working at Height C) Excavation work
42. A hazard is _____________.
A) Something with the potential to cause harm
B) Something to fall over
C) Something in wrong place
43. What is a blind spot in-case of driving or riding?
A) An area not seen due to bike rider’s helmet
B) Area not reached by the headlights
C) An area not seen through the rear view and wing mirror
44. Noise is :
A) Loud sounds
C) Unwanted Sound
45. Which type of accident accounts for the single biggest cause of workplace death?
A) Falls from height
B) Electric shock