What are different types of slings used for lifting?
a) Wire rope slings
b) Synthetic/Nylon Websings
c) Chain Slings
When a sling is considered unsafe for use?
1) 10 wire broken in one rope lay randomly distributed
2) 05 wires broken in one strand in one lay
3) 1/3rd of original diameter is scrapping or worn
4) Kink crushing, bird caging, or other damage or distortion of wire rope structure
5) Evidence of heat damage
6) End attachments that are cracked worn or damaged
7) Hooks open more than 15% of normal throat
8) Twisted more than 10 degrees from the plane